Youth Leadership Columbia County is a program designed to educate through experience and motivate young leaders and enable them to take an active role in their community. This will result in strong leaders who have hope for the future and the tools to influence a positive and progressive community.
Participants must be sophomores or juniors in Columbia County high schools or residents of Columbia County. They are selected after consideration of their recognized and potential leadership and the merit of their application. The Selection Committee strives to achieve a geographical, racial and socio-economic balance in their selections.
The goals of Youth Leadership Columbia County are to:
- Identify and educate potential, emerging, and existing youth leaders.
- Present in-depth programs that acquaint participants with community needs, issues and resources.
- Allow interaction with community leaders and decision makers.
- Teach students the positive values and benefits of community service.
- Encourage students to actively engage in making their community a better place to live.
- Enhance civic pride and patriotism in our county, state and country.
- Provide opportunities for students from different geographic areas to know one another and develop a level of mutual trust and respect.
*Applications are available at the link below. For more information, call the Chamber at 706-651-0018.
Welcome to the Youth Leadership Columbia County Class of 2018!
- Cosette Alston - Greenbrier
- Katy Arrowood - Harlem
- Richie Augenstein - Greenbrier
- Alex Bates - Lakeside
- Samantha Bian - Greenbrier
- Dawson Booth - Evans
- Austin Bryant - Greenbrier
- Alen Cai - Greenbrier
- Sam Carter - Westminster
- Nanette Colon-Rios - Westminster
- Justin Dygert - Greenbrier
- Molly Echols - Grovetown
- Brandy Edwards - Grovetown
- Sirsh Ghoshal - Lakeside
- Max Harley - Lakeside
- Rebekah Hollar - Evans
- Sarah Beth Holloway - Lakeside
- Lauren Hutto - Greenbrier
- Jordan Inglett - Greenbrier
- Brian Lesieur - Greenbrier
- Dalton Lott - Augusta Prep
- Mattie McKinzie - Greenbrier
- Jacob Parker - Greenbrier
- CJ Pearson - Evans
- Grace Perez - Augusta Christian
- Eduardo Perez - Augusta Prep
- Hunter Savage - Lakeside
- Andrew Wicklum - Greenbrier
- Olivia Wilson - Greenbrier
- Matt Wilson - Greenbrier
- Allen+Batchelor Construction, Inc.
- Aggregates USA
- Augusta University
- Blanchard & Calhoun Real Estate
- Camelia Walk
- Club Car, Inc.
- Comcast Spotlight
- Cornerstone Academy
- Doctors Hospital
- Fleming & Nelson, Attorneys at Law
- Gold Cross EMS, Inc.
- Jan-Pro Cleaning Systems
- JMS Burn Center, Inc.
- S. D. Clifton Construction, Inc.
- Top Shelf Cigar & Tobacco Shoppe
- WJBF News Channel 6