What do you think of when you hear "Chamber of Commerce"? Most People think welcoming new businesses, ribbon cuts and networking events. The Columbia County Chamber is so much more than that. We are a member-driven and business-focused organization advocating for economic growth in the Greater Augusta area. As community developers, we cultivate an environment for businesses to grow and thrive while creating a wonderful area to live and play.
Run by a professional staff with more than 51 years of combined experience, the Columbia County Chamber is over 1,000 members strong with 45 percent of the membership from outside the county. As one of the only 103 chambers in the United States to be 5-Star Accredited through the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, our Chamber represents the top one percent of the over 7,000 chambers in the country.
We work every day to advocate on behalf of our membership and be the collective voice that is so often needed. We accomplish this task through building strong community partnerships with our community leaders and the companies they represent. As the mouthpiece for the business community, our emphasis is on advocacy, leadership, business and professional development and strengthening the connection between workforce and education.
The Columbia County Chamber of Commerce is a member-driven, business-focused organization advocating economic growth in the Greater Augusta region.
The Columbia County Chamber of Commerce works to promote the growth and quality of life our region and the economic vitality of our business community.
The Chamber is the voice for business through adherence to these values:
- Leadership: Provide direction that impacts the region
- Relationships: Cultivate a culture of teamwork to accomplish goals and objectives
- Integrity: Be honest and open with our actions and intent
- Diversity: Encourage broad participation among its staff and membership
- Vision: Imagine the possibilities
The Chamber will convene leaders committed to solving the challenges faced by our diverse business community.
- Develop coalitions with other organizations to enhance regional and statewide business success
- Serve as a conduit between the business community and elected/appointed officials
- Engage job creators across the region to identify barriers to success
The Chamber will be an innovative leader in workforce development for today and into the future.
- Lead efforts to enhance business diversity, equity and inclusion within the region
- Embrace innovative efforts to attract and retain top talent and job creators
- Identify, invest in and develop future leaders to ensure a strong workforce
The Chamber will expand its influence at all levels of government and be a proud defender of business values.
- Increase member awareness of and engagement in government activities
- Support pro-business legislation and promote regional assets
- Leverage Chamber's PAC to develop a pro-business environment
The Chamber will partner with growing businesses and leaders who create jobs that strengthen our community.
- Provide services, programs and opportunities to support and enhance business success
- Support entrepreneurs and small business startups
- Serve as a hub of information for the business community