Youth Leadership Columbia County Class of 2016
Youth Leadership Columbia County is a program designed to educate through experience and motivate young leaders and enable them to take an active role in their community. This will result in strong leaders who have hope for the future and the tools to influence a positive and progressive community.
Participants must be sophomores or juniors in Columbia County high schools or residents of Columbia County. They are selected after consideration of their recognized and potential leadership and the merit of their application. The Selection Committee strives to achieve a geographical, racial and socio-economic balance in their selections.
The goal of Youth Leadership Columbia County is to:
- Identify and educate potential, emerging, and existing youth leaders.
- Present in-depth programs that acquaint participants with community needs, issues and resources.
- Allow interaction with community leaders and decision makers.
- Teach students the positive values and benefits of community service.
- Encourage students to actively engage in making their community a better place to live.
- Enhance civic pride and patriotism in our county, state and country.
- Provide opportunities for students from different geographic areas to know one another and develop a level of mutual trust and respect.
Applications are available in March every year and are available within the local schools. For more information, call the Chamber at 706-651-0018.
Welcome to the Youth Leadership Columbia County Class of 2016!
- Simone Anderson – Grovetown High School
- Julia Baughn – Evans High School
- Elizabeth Benton – Lakeside High School
- Hunter Berry – Harlem High School
- Elizabeth Carter Westminister
- Niki Chen – Lakeside High School
- Megan Coggins – Greenbrier High School
- Madison Drummond – Greenbrier High School
- Juliann Fuller – Harlem High School
- Kevin Gorta – Greenbrier High School
- Anna Gregg – Evans High School
- Griffin Hansen – Augusta Christian
- Jordan Smalley – Augusta Prep
- Helena Haynie – Greenbrier High School
- Michael Head – Westminster
- Lauren Helling – Greenbrier High School
- Keaton Hill – Augusta Prep
- Macie Hofilena – Augusta Prep
- Katherine Holleran – Lakeside High School
- Hannah Hopkins – Augusta Christian
- James Matthews – Lakeside High School
- Alana Richards – Augusta Prep
- Kezia Richardson – Grovetown High School
- Kate Sandlin – Evans High School
- Ankita Shah – Evans High School
- Jared Talman – Augusta Christian
- Robert Wiley – Augusta Christian
- Zachary Wilson – Evans High School
- Mary Claire Zimmerman – Lakeside High School
Thanks to our generous sponsors!
Partnering Day Sponsor:
Camellia WalkFleming and Nelson, LLP
Columbia County Board of Education
Columbia County Sheriff’s Department