Youth Leadership Columbia County Class of 2015
Youth Leadership Columbia County is a program designed to educate through experience and motivate young leaders and enable them to take an active role in their community. This will result in strong leaders who have hope for the future and the tools to influence a positive and progressive community.
Participants must be sophomores or juniors in Columbia County high schools or residents of Columbia County. They are selected after consideration of their recognized and potential leadership and the merit of their application. The Selection Committee strives to achieve a geographical, racial and socio-economic balance in their selections.
The goal of Youth Leadership Columbia County is to:
- Identify and educate potential, emerging, and existing youth leaders.
- Present in-depth programs that acquaint participants with community needs, issues and resources.
- Allow interaction with community leaders and decision makers.
- Teach students the positive values and benefits of community service.
- Encourage students to actively engage in making their community a better place to live.
- Enhance civic pride and patriotism in our county, state and country.
- Provide opportunities for students from different geographic areas to know one another and develop a level of mutual trust and respect.
Applications are available in March every year and are available within the local schools. For more information, call the Chamber at 706-651-0018.
Welcome to the Youth Leadership Columbia County Class of 2015!
- A.J. Allen – Evans High School
- Meghan Dixon – Greenbrier High School
- Jayda Felder – Grovetown High School
- Nick Iseman – Greenbrier High School
- Carly Pence – Evans High School
- Olivia Pennoyer – Lakeside High School
- Michael Sostre – Augusta Christian
- Casey Andrews – Grovetown High School
- James Dorsey – Greenbrier High School
- Madelyn Echols – Grovetown High School
- Diane Klement – Grovetown High School
- Jake Knight – Evans High School
- Jordan Smalley – Augusta Prep
- Tiffany Ujjin – Lakeside High School
- Cameron Barton – Grovetown High School
- David Brannon – Lakeside High School
- Isabel Flanagan – Lakeside High School
- Samantha Newman – Greenbrier High School
- Darasha Singleton – Grovetown High School
- Justin VanEssendelft – Evans High School
- Grace Welsh – Homeschool
- Rod Bayliss – Westminster
- Bailey Booth – Evans High School
- Pooja Gohel – Lakeside High School
- Mary “Kenne” Hillis – Greenbrier High School
- Evans Read – Evans High School
- Alex Schwan – Augusta Prep
- Karson Pennington – Lakeside High School
Thanks to our generous sponsors!
Program Title Sponsor:
Columbia County Community Connections
Columbia County Board of Education
Fleming and Nelson
Georgia Iron Works
Georgia Regents University
Gold Cross EMS
Kendrick Paint & Body
The Retreat Tapas Bar
University of Phoenix
Wal-Mart of Grovetown
Wesley United Methodist Church